FANCY DRESS PARADE
Friday 29th July
A real Musselburgh Festival favourite! A night when our old Toun is filled with mirth and music. Lorries should assemble in Ashgrove at approximately 18:15 for judging to begin at 18:30. Pedestrians and cyclists should assemble in Loretto RC Playing fields (access by King Street) for judging at 18:15. Judging classes are as follows:
- Pedestrians 6 years old and under (individual)
- Pedestrians 6 years old and under (group)
- Pedestrians 7 – 12 years old and under (individual)
- Pedestrians 7 – 12 years old and under (group)
- Pedestrians 13 – 17 years old and under (individual)
- Pedestrians 13 – 17 years old and under (group)
- Adults (individual)
- Adult (group)
- Lorries 1st , 2nd and 3rd
The organisers of Musselburgh Festival work hard to ensure that everyone can enjoy the Fancy Dress Parade and we take very seriously our role in ensuring that it will be enjoyed for years to come. As such, we request that costumes and make up worn by participants is respectful to all.
The Parade will move off from Pinkie Road at 19:00 and will head down Newbigging turning left onto Musselburgh High Street. After crossing the car bridge, the Parade will proceed along Bridge Street and North High Street before turning right down Harbour Road onto New Street towards Fisherrow Links where it will disperse. We ask that all those dismantling floats at Fisherrow Links, ensure that they dispose of their rubbish safely and respectfully.